Why not try this very special case of 6 wines from Chile from the Odfjell biodynamic winery owned by the Dan Odfjell.
This case will only be available for a limited time. It will consist of:
- Armador Cabernet Sauvignon, it's all about blackcurrant fruit and much more. Excellent display of what this grape variety is all about, but some additional aromas and flavours too: organic red wine displays intense aromas of raspberries, dry plum and figs with just a hint of eucalyptus. Juicy and rich with round tannins, a touch of coffee and chocolate and a long finish.
- Armador Carmenere, it's a medley of aromas from blackberry and dark chocolate to more savoury, meaty notes. The palate displays ripe dark fruits but also coffee and liquorice. The ripe present tannins offer a solid structure and the layers of complexity keep your attention. The is both elegant and enduring. This organic red wine was matured in oak for just 5 months so the wine is soft and round, but still vibrant, playful and just a bit punchy.
- Armador Syrah, this displays ultra ripe fruit that manages to combine great depth and richness with clear and precise underlying acidity. Oak underpins that dark blackcurrant and blackberry fruit and sweet spice. Rich and powerful but still softly textured, this wine is another triumph for Chile. Dry red wine that is on a sweeter side because of ripe fruit.
- Armador Sauvignon Blanc, it's all about persistent aromas of citrus fruit and gooseberry on the nose. On the palate this a crisp, zesty, lively wine full of juicy grapefruit with vibrant acidity. The cool climate of Casablanca ensures a crisp and fresh style of Sauvignon Blanc with pronounced aromatics.
- Armador Merlot, a wine currently not usually available from Organic Wine Club. Its has a deep red with hints of violet. The nose is concentrated and deep, with aromas of cherries, figs, violets and white fruit aromas such as apricots and pears. The palate is long, complex and juicy with soft tannins.
- Orzada Carignan, from on of the premium ranges available for the vineyard. Its deep and so satisfying organic Carignan is intense in its ruby colour with a touch of violet. Among Chile’s emerging crop of high-end Carignans, this is one to try immediately and over the next two or three years.This wine displays a never ending mix of aromas such as cherry liqueur, liquorice, black fruits and mushrooms. The palate is soft fleshy, with flavours of blackberry and fine herbs. Elegant and mature in profile, the palate is juicy and round with an abundance of ripe tannins and a long and complex finish.